Home' Kings Seeds : July 2016 - June 2017 Contents 62 > Kings Seeds Catalogue 2016/17
4275 KINGS GREEN
• Ready made mix for green manure, breaking
up soil pans and nitrogen fixing.
• Contains 60% Peas, 25% Oats and 15% Lupin.
• Best for spring sowing but suitable for sowing
right through to late summer/early autumn.
• Mid and late summer sowings may be left to
winter over and ploughed in during spring to
suit your garden schedule.
• Sow at a rate of 1kg per 40m2 or 100kg per acre
and cover seed lightly.
• Quick growing manure crop or as a
sanctuary for predator insec ts to feed
and plan their assaults from.
• Dig or plough in anytime.
• Sow from September through to April at a rate
of 30g per 10m2 or 1kg per 300m2.
250g $10.00 :: 500g $16.75
• Grown as a rotation crop for nematode control
especially with or after tomatoes and in kiwifruit
orchards around the vine root zones.
• The marigold root exudes ozone which
encourages all nematodes in the root zone to
mature without reproducing.
• Chop or plough in prior to flowering.
Grows 30-40cm tall.
• Sow from October through to March avoiding
late frosts at a rate of 1g per 2m2.
25g: $12.00 :: 100g: $40.25
• Excellent for weed seed control and cleaning
up some harmful soil fungi.
• Very fast growing and prefers moist soil.
• Dig or plough in after 4-6 weeks and prior to
• Sow from September through to April (cover
seed slightly with soil) at a rate of 100g per
500g: $5.50 :: 1kg: $10.00
4290 MIXED GRAIN
Wheat, Barley, Oats blend
• Very effective spring planted cover crop or can
be sown late summer to provide stubble and
seed for wildlife and to prevent soil erosion.
• Predator insects love it!
• Provides lots of organic matter when
ploughed in green.
• Dig or plough in anytime.
• Suitable for all soil types.
• Soak seeds overnight.
• Sow September through to April at a rate
of 1kg per 150m2.
• Fast growth, easy to till.
• Excellent beneficial insect crop.
• Frost sensitive, prefers warm soils.
• Till or hoe in at any stage.
• Sow in late spring and summer at a rate of 250g
per 10m2 or 2.5kg per 100 m2.
500g: $6.50 :: 1kg: $11.25
4270 CRIMSON CLOVER
• Multipurpose nitrogen fixing legume and
beneficial insect plant.
• Sow late summer for rapid bulky upright
growth. It goes dormant in the cold of winter
before resuming growth in spring up to 1m
high and sporting a striking crimson bloom in
• Chop and dig in prior to flowering or leave for
a valuable nectar rich food supply for bees and
• Sow at a rate of 250g per 100m2 or 10kg per
acre (30% less if blended with a grain or grass).
250g $8.00 :: 500g $13.25 :: 1kg $23.50
GREEN MANURE & COVER CROPS
4263 BROAD BEAN
• Excellent dwarf variety for sowing in the cooler
months of autumn and spring.
• Fixes nitrogen on its roots, inhibits fusarium wilt
and provides ample humus when dug in.
• Sow 1kg seed per 50 square metres.
• Chop and dig prior to flowering.
During warmer temperatures, use Soybean.
:: 1kg: $15.50
4260 BLUE LUPIN
• Excellent green manure for improving most soil
types in most areas.
• Vigorous grower that produces a mass of green
matter and also nodules of nitrogen on its
• Breaks down quickly when chopped prior to
flowering and dug into the soil.
• Sow 250g to 300g per 50 m2 or 25kg per acre
anytime between spring and autumn.
:: 1Kg: $7.00
GREEN MANURE &
Green Manure and Cover Crops improve
the quality of the soil whilst it is not
being cropped and stop erosion from
wind, rain and sun. They increase soil
water retention and improve drainage by
breaking up soil pans. They also raise soil
microbiological activity by adding humus
and green matter.
They assist in suppressing weeds and
can control soil-borne fungi and
KS_FIELD SELECTION_2016/17.indd 62
13/06/16 1:33 PM
Links Archive July 2015 - June 2016 July 2017 June 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page