Home' Kings Seeds : July 2019 June 2020 Contents Kings Seeds Catalogue 2019/20 < 63
4275 KINGS GREEN
• Ready made mix for green manure, breaking
up soil pans and nitrogen fixing.
• Contains 60% Peas, 25% Oats and 15% Lupin.
• Best for spring sowing but suitable for sowing
right through to late summer/early autumn.
• Mid and late summer sowings may be left to
winter over and ploughed in during spring to
suit your garden schedule.
• Sow at a rate of 1kg per 40m2 or 100kg per acre
and cover seed lightly.
• Quick growing manure crop or as a
sanc tuary for predator insects to feed
and plan their assaults from.
• Dig or plough in anytime.
• Sow from September through to April at a rate
of 30g per 10m2 or 1kg per 300m2.
250g $11.50 :: 500g $19.75
4320 TIC BEAN
Vicia faba minor
Smaller seeded highly nutritious broad bean;
Excellent winter green manure, cover crop for
game birds like pheasants and also winter feed
for grazing animals; As a young pod, they’re
also good for human consumption. Sow during
cooler months of autumn and spring at a rate of
1kg per 65 square metres.
500g $7.50 :: 1kg $12.50
• Grown as a rotation crop for nematode control
especially with or after tomatoes and in kiwi-
fruit orchards around the vine root zones.
• The marigold root exudes ozone which
encourages all nematodes in the root zone to
mature without reproducing.
• Chop or plough in prior to flowering.
Grows 30-40cm tall.
• Sow from October through to March avoiding
late frosts at a rate of 1g per 2m2.
25g: $12.75 :: 100g: $43.00
• Excellent for weed seed control and cleaning
up some harmful soil fungi.
• Very fast growing and prefers moist soil.
• Dig or plough in after 4-6 weeks and prior to
• Sow from September through to April (cover
seed slightly with soil) at a rate of 100g per
500g: $6.00 :: 1kg: $10.00
4290 MIXED GRAIN
Wheat, Barley, Oats blend
• Very effective spring planted cover crop or can
be sown late summer to provide stubble and
seed for wildlife and to prevent soil erosion.
• Predator insec ts love it!
• Provides lots of organic matter when
ploughed in green.
• Dig or plough in anytime.
• Suitable for all soil types.
• Soak seeds overnight.
• Sow September through to April at a rate
of 1kg per 150m2.
• Fast growth, easy to till.
• Excellent beneficial insect crop.
• Frost sensitive, prefers warm soils.
• Till or hoe in at any stage.
• Sow in late spring and summer at a rate of 250g
per 10m2 or 2.5kg per 100 m2.
500g: $6.75 :: 1kg: $11.25
4270 CRIMSON CLOVER
• Multipurpose nitrogen fixing legume and
beneficial insect plant.
• Sow late summer for rapid bulky upright
growth. It goes dormant in the cold of winter
before resuming growth in spring up to 1m
high and sporting a striking crimson bloom in
• Chop and dig in prior to flowering or leave for
a valuable nectar rich food supply for bees and
• Sow at a rate of 250g per 100m2 or 10kg per
acre (30% less if blended with a grain or grass).
250g $9.00 :: 500g $15.00 :: 1kg $24.75
GREEN MANURE & COVER CROPS
4259 AUTUMN MANURE MIX
• Vigorous and dense autumn manure crop to
provide cover against winter erosion.
• Contains a formula blend of Winter Rye, Field
Peas, Rye Grass, Crimson Clover and Hairy
• Chop or mow down and plough in prior to
• Sow during autumn at a rate of 25kg per acre or
by hand at 1kg per 160 square metres.
:: 500g: $4.50 :: 1kg: $7.50
4260 BLUE LUPIN
• Excellent green manure for improving most soil
types in most areas.
• Vigorous grower that produces a mass of
green matter and also nodules of nitrogen on
• Breaks down quickly when chopped prior to
flowering and dug into the soil.
• Sow 250g to 300g per 50 m2 or 25kg per acre
anytime between spring and autumn.
:: 1kg: $8.75
KS_FIELD SELECTION_2019/0.indd 63
24/06/19 11:08 AM
Links Archive July 2017 June 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page